When urgently seeking water damage repair, Orem, Utah residents can always count on us!
Water damage…We’ve all experienced it at one time or another. Whether it was a small leak in the ceiling that unexpectedly expanded to a gaping hole and seeping floorboards, or a massive, county-wide flood where houses were left abandoned and ravaged by a torrential downpour. Such predicaments can occur suddenly and without warning, but the worst thing you can possibly do about water damage is…nothing at all.
If your Orem, UT home is water damaged, it is in your best interest to contact a service repair business right away. To find out more about prices and services, call (385) 336-7246. Not only do we make timely repairs to water damaged properties, but we also provide a wide range of post services along with resourceful information that can help you prevent recurring issues.
Some Facts About Water Damage
Damage left behind by water emergencies can have irreversible negative effects. It’s notable to mention that the amount of time water is left stagnant will play a major role in the amount of necessary cleaning and repairs required. Contacting a restoration company immediately following a disaster is the best possible way to safeguard your home, your health, your treasured belongings, and of course, your loved ones. In the meantime, the facts below will help you gain a better understanding of your current situation.
- Water damage/freezing is the second most reported and third most expensive insurance claim on a national scale.
- Water damage/freezing accounts for at least 45.1% of all homeowner insurance losses, making it twice as destructive as damage caused by fire, wind, and hail, and 9 times more destructive than most bodily injury and property damage claims.
- Approximately one out of every 50 insured homes files a water damage or freezing claim each year.
- Untreated water damage can rot wood.
- It can delaminate furniture.
- It is known to cause mold.
- It can make your home uninhabitable by spreading toxins, contaminants, harmful bacteria, fungi, and more.
- Untreated water damage can weaken the foundation of a house, crumbling the drywall and weakening the beams, causing parts of the home to collapse or dilapidate beyond repair.
- Many of the problems caused by water damage can go undetected for extended periods of time, causing illness for years on end. In some cases, this can lead to chronic conditions. In rare cases, it can even prove fatal.
Damage left behind by water emergencies can have irreversible negative effects. It’s notable to mention that the amount of time water is left stagnant will play a major role in the amount of necessary cleaning and repairs required because water damage worsens over time. Contacting a restoration company immediately following a disaster is the best possible way to safeguard your home, your health, your treasured belongings, and of course, your loved ones.
Water Damage Classifications for 2017
There are three different categories of liquid that can potentially infiltrate your home, making water removal the next necessary step. They are as follows:
- Category 1- If you have water that is leaking from a sanitary source, such as the pipes beneath your sink, clean water from a well, or the water in the tank behind your toilet, this would initially be described as a Category 1 problem.
- Category 2- If Category 1 water damage is left unattended; this can result in a Category 2 disaster. Category 2 signifies that the leaking water is, in fact, contaminated and could cause illness to individuals that come in contact with it. Category 2 is interchangeably referred to as grey water. Sometimes the water that seeps into your home is already contaminated, making it a Category 2 or 3 classification on contact.
- Category 3- Category 3 water is bacteria ridden and incredibly toxic. It is frequently associated with harrowing floods, sewer backups, and horizontal groundwater that has been left stagnant.
If you are in the Salt Lake City region (area code 801) and you’re uncertain of the classification level of your water damage, please refer to our blog or contact one of our technicians for more information. We would be more than happy to have a quality cleanup technician on-site at your home today.
Types Of Water Damage Repair Orem Residents Might Need
Much of the loss associated with water damage is time sensitive, meaning every precious minute counts. That’s why RainFire Restoration is dedicated to providing 24-hour services for residents in our region. We can have a team on location immediately, in the event of any water-related disaster. Here are some of the most common water damage repair services we provide:
- Complete Property Restoration
- Mold Identification
- Mold Removal
- Water Removal
- Post Removal Carpet Cleaning
- Water Inspection & More
For the elongated list of services we provide to make your home look and feel even better than it did before disaster struck, call us at (385) 336-7246.
Cleanup Certification For Water Damage Removal, as Well as Smoke and Fire Damage Restoration
All of our cleanup technicians currently providing service for residents in Salt Lake City, Orem, Provo, South Fork, and the entire Salt Lake County region are fully certified by the IIRC. You can view the IIRC logo directly on our site. The copyright for this logo belongs to the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration, a Salt Lake City non-profit that exclusively trains and certifies technicians in the aforementioned locations. Its appearance signifies that our employees have been trained and tested to perform the American air, fire, and water restoration process safely, accurately and effectively. We are dedicated to putting our years of training to use one satisfied client at a time.
If your home is in need of immediate remediation, reach us by phone at (385) 336-7246 or contact our team by filling out this short form to request a free quote.